Monday, December 15, 2014

Ratua Island, Vanuatu

2014 has been one of my most stressful years yet. I spent about eight months working on a huge, complicated, demanding task (no, not my beloved editing) that stole my sleep and nibbled away at my sanity. I needed an incentive to continue, something to look forward to, so planned a trip to Vanuatu for after the project was completed.

It was delightful.

My partner and I spent five nights on Ratua Island (Ile Ratoua), which is to the south-east of Espiritu Santo. We snorkelled, canoed, cycled, walked, ate, read and relaxed. The island is tiny  it has just 13 villas  and provides very personalised service. The food was spectacular (if perhaps too generous ... we ate too much) and the staff lovely. We also had the opportunity to learn a little about Ni-Vanuatu culture and to visit a village on a neighbouring island.

I won't waffle on. Just wanted to share some of our photos.








What a gorgeous place. The perfect antidote to a stressful year.

No comments: