Saturday, April 16, 2016

Lentil, cauliflower and sweet potato soup

In November last year I posted a link to a lovely lentil, cauliflower and sweet potato curry/soup recipe on someone else's blog. I had good intentions of making the soup again today but the blog had disappeared! Eeeek. There was a big pile of ingredients on my bench and no recipe. My partner very kindly trawled the web and found a cached version, but I'm gonna summarise the main points here in case I want to make it again:

cauliflower
sweet potatoes
onions
vegetable stock
red lentils
fresh ginger
turmeric
black mustard seeds
garam masala

Throw all the ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer until veges are soft. Mash or blend to taste. Garnish with fresh coriander [cilantro] if liked. This soup freezes well for later lunches or week night meals. Enjoy!

No comments: