Wednesday, December 07, 2016

It takes a village to make a garden

It's been almost six months since we moved into our 'new' house, and people have been so generous! The garden had been neglected for years and I declared, to all and sundry, that we planned to weed, weed, weed and to reintroduce fruit trees, vegetable plants, shrubs and flowers. Several people have given us garden tools and gloves. A neighbour connected me with plant breeders selling feijoa trees and gooseberry bushes. One friend showed up with a tray of tomato seedlings, and another brought a cute wee lime tree! Today the lovely Chinese lady I tutor in English asked if I wanted some winter melon plants. I'm not even sure what winter melons are, but said 'sure, why not?'! Thanks everyone.


Winter melon seedlings. Let's Google that ...

No comments: