Friday, February 23, 2018

Aloo tama (potatoes with black-eyed beans)

We have a lovely Nepalese restaurant near our place called the Hungry Buddha. I've eaten there several times (and blogged about it here) and by booking online I ended up on their email list. While not usually a fan of mailing lists (who needs more brain clutter?) I quite like the messages from the Hungry Buddha. They provide interesting facts about Nepal ... and recipes! Tonight we ate Aloo Tama, a spicy dal with potatoes. I confess I used red lentils rather than black-eyed beans, as that's what I had on hand, but otherwise followed the recipe. Here it is! The quantities of ingredients shown made enough for three, two-person meals. One for tonight and two more to stock the freezer. Delicious. Serve with rice or roti.

No comments: